ShadowMUD II is still codifying its rules but here are the basic ones:
1. Don't 'steal' other peoples' old character names.
2. Don't swear *excessively*, just be aware there may be young players on.
3. Don't abuse, harass, anyone.
4. Racism, bigotry, or any kind of intolerance is not tolerated.
5. Multiplaying is *currently* allowed, but not for any beneficial reason
ie: scripting combat and please do not login with more than 2 or 3 characters
Magic bags of holding, if only 1 or 2 mages are around and they are your alts,
you may use 1 or 2 of their bags at MOST!
6. Don't spam *excessively*.
7. Don't script *excessively*.
It's fine to have a few triggers or macros but please do not have a
script walk around killing things for you, and you must be sitting at the keyboard.
If you aren't at the keyboard regularly, bad things may happen to you.
*sighs* This explicitly means no idle fighting for hours on end.
If you don't intend to stay at the keyboard, please don't stay in an area
where you are repeatedly engaged in combat.
Do not script the casino or anything else that will generate a profit,
if found scripting you forfeit all profits and a fine of 5 to 15% of all your bank accounts.
8. No deliberate kill stealing. If somebody is in a room fighting something
(or hanging around outside, healing) don't jump in without permission.
9. Don't share quest infomation and ruin the fun for those trying to complete
You may quest in parties and groups we only ask if someone has already done
the quest and others in the group have not try to not spoil it if at all
Basically, the rule is, don't be a jerk. Excessive, as noted above, is
'loosely' defined as when you do something enough that someone else complains.
These rules may get more refined as time goes on, but we are attempting to keep
a more relaxed atmosphere here.
01:37, Darkday, Kepki 9, 169 AD.